Think on Your Feet®
The internationally acclaimed workshop that trains you to organize your ideas FAST!
Think on Your Feet® is the globally acclaimed workshop that trains you to analyze, organize and present your ideas FAST.
Think on Your Feet® introduces the capsules-of-persuasion concept: 10 plans that structure your ideas quickly.
- To explain complex ideas clearly
- To get to the point
- To be more persuasive
- To respond on the spot
- To grab your audience's attention
Even under pressure!
What is Think on Your Feet®?
Designed by Dr Keith Spicer, Think on Your Feet® is a practical workshop on how to structure your ideas to speak concisely and persuasively.
- Improve your confidence
- Enhance your credibility
- Increase your listener's retention
The workshop introduces the "capsules-of-persuasion" concept:
- to answer questions on the spot
- to explain complex ideas clearly
- to be more persuasive
- to get to the point quickly
- to be remembered
Think on Your Feet®: Workshop Content
The workshop is filled with practice, coaching and feedback.
At the completion of the workshop, you will be able to:
- Structure ideas simply and persuasively
- Flesh-out ideas with memorable examples
- Target listeners' core concerns
- Simplify complex information. Avoid information overload — condense your thoughts
- Get to the point and be remembered
- Handle objections positively
- Answer questions quickly and coherently
- Deal with hostile situations and emotional issues
Outline of a typical 2 day program:
Module 1: Getting to the Point & Being Remembered
- Techniques to package persuasion
- Structuring ideas simply and clearly
- Speaking in different situations: one-on-one, on the phone, in meetings, informal presentations, e-mails
Module 2: Presenting Your Ideas with Speed & Clarity
- Using three-part plans to display analysis
- Helping your listener understand by placing your ideas into a simple, unifying structure
- Relying on structured reasoning to answer questions quickly
Module 3: Using Handy Fall-Back Techniques When You're Caught Off Guard
- Making sense out of a mass of facts
- Explaining step-by-step processes clearly
Module 4: Handling Questions Quickly, Clearly and Persuasively
- Following the "Rule of Threes"
- Creating logical pegs to hang your thoughts on
- Announcing & Recapping
Module 5: Using "Visual" Pegs as Your Structure
- Achieving impact
- Supporting large or complex topics
- Adding depth to your message
Module 6: Dividing Information into Facets, Aspects or Perspectives
- Achieving objectivity
- Expressing thoughtfulness
- Addressing issues from different viewpoints
Module 7: Bridging from Question to Answer
- Buying yourself time
- Answering the right question
- Handling objections and tough questions positively
- Listening for clarity and impact
Module 8: Expanding or Focusing Your Listener's Perspective
- Moving from detail to big picture, or vice versa
- Handling sensitive or confidential information
- Countering sweeping generalizations
Module 9: Moving Two Opposing Viewpoints to a Middle Ground
- Negotiating a win-win outcome
- Dealing with controversial topics
- Moving to action
Module 10: Selling the Benefits of Your Ideas, Products and Services
- Presenting benefits, not features
- Showing advantages to your listener
- Employing the "So what?" test
Module 11: Illustrating Your Ideas
- Using examples to increase understanding & recall
- Developing ideas through the use of opposites
- Explaining an idea by cause & effect
Module 12: Telling a Story: What? Where? When? Why?
- Ensuring all relevant information is included
- Arranging the 5Ws as your idea peg
- Combining the 5Ws with other techniques
Module 13: Putting it All Together
- Advanced Think on Your Feet® Drills
Module 14: Think on Your Feet® Speed Networking
The Think On Your Feet® workshop can be customised and run over a 1 day workshop.
Every participant receives a bound Workshop Manual containing a synopsis of the Think-on-Your-Feet® formats for easy study — plus examples, worksheets, checklists and memory-jogging wallet cards.
*Think on Your Feet® is a registered trademark of Think on Your Feet International, Inc.